Friday 23 August 2013

5: Phantoms of the Deep

For my first ever 50-word Tom Baker story review, I've decided to pick one of his most recent audios, one of the most atmospheric stories he ever appeared in.

PHANTOMS OF THE DEEP (2013, Fourth Doctor and Romana I, Doctor Who Audio)
There's an original setting here, as well as great actors brilliantly performing convincing dialogue, and amazing sound design and authentic music. Jonathan Morris' script becomes a little bit mangled at the end, and the resolution is difficult to understand on first listen, but there's a multitude of memorable moments. Fantastic. 9/10. 50 words.

BUY IT HERE: http://www.bigfinish.com/releases/v/phantoms-of-the-deep-690

TOMORROW ON THE BLOG: It's my first The Sarah Jane Adventures review and I've picked one of the most emotional stories of the run... The Curse of Clyde Langer is reviewed in 50 words tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment